Sunday, January 17, 2010

Happily Ever After: A Documentary about Black Marriage




My fiance came across this documentary this morning and I wanted to share it with you all. It is created by a Black Couple who also created the site Black and Married with Kids.com. This couple is challenging the media's sterotypes about Black Love and Marriage. They are an inspiration to me. Countering the negativity (from the media) is such a necessity right now. So please check out their site and video. I will be ordering the DVD and I'll let you all know what I think.

About the Documentary:

From the creators of the award winning website Black and Married With Kids.com comes a ground breaking documentary set to challenge negative stereotypes surrounding marriage and parenting in the black community.

Couples and experts discuss topics such as the image and portrayal of black marriages and families, the effect the Obamas will have on marriage in the black community and the importance of parenting.

(from http://www.happilyeverafterthemovie.com/about/)

2 Comentários

Healing Made Simple said...

Thanks for the movie, I will have to check it out! Congrats on being engaged! Good to see an African American woman breaking the norm & expressing truth! I hope this year brings you much peace and prosperity!
Be the LIGHT!

Divine healing a simple way

Myne said...

Congrats on being engaged and all the best to you and your fiance.

Post a Comment